Monday, July 2, 2012

rotterdam

Last Thursday we arrived in Rotterdam which is the city in Holland that my little brother lives in. 


We pretty much got in and then went right out. And that sums up the next couple of days: Eating, drinking and walking. This itinerary was repeated in Amsterdam. It was amazing. 


One of the great things about travelling is trying new things. It's a bitter sweet relationship because if you love something, chances are you won't be able to find it back home. Here are some of the things I've come to love and am indulging in excessively while I'm here:


Duvel: A belgium beer that translates to the devil. I kept asking why it was named that because it tasted so good. I was informed and found out for myself that it's because of how you feel the next day. 


Croquettes: There are fast food joints that consist of a wall of food in little windows. You put a euro in and pick out your food. It's like a giant warm food vending machine! This is where I first sampled these little bundles of meat paste. My first reaction was not a good one but by the last bite, I was loving it. 


Kapsalon: Everyone has there go to after the bar food and thats exactly what Kapsalon is. It's made of fries, donor meat, lettuce, cheese and garlic sauce. It's really heaven and a heart attack on a plate. 


River Island: A european clothing store I go in at least once a day.


Dutch men: Tall...oh so tall..


Clotted cream: Tea, pastries...you name it, this glorious whipping cream like substance can go on it. 


I'm pretty sure I could go on and on but then I would be spending far too much time on this computer as opposed to finding more things to love. I will have to leave some for the next post and city: Berlin!





Dress- Little shop in Paris
Shoes- Urban Behaviour
Sunnies- Little shop in NYC


5 comments:

  1. love the dress on you, especially with those shoes. so chic and cool :)

    http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Even though I was backpacking, I had to bring heels!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I liked your blog, it looks interesting! I offer you my sincere friendship!=)
    Please, follow me on Bloglovin: Kisses From Europe
    I will follow you via Bloglovin too;) Let's support each other! ^^
    Love&kiss!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! So please, comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...